Required documents for wedding in Middelfart for citizens residing in countries other than Denmark
Required documents for wedding in Middelfart for citizens residing in countries other than Denmark are:
- Birth Certificate / Birth Certificate
- Proof of legal residence
- Marital Status Certificate
- Any divorce documents with proof that the divorce is final and cannot be appealed
- Possible death certificate of former spouse
Citizens in Europe, Turkey, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the United States do not need to have their documents legalized.
For citizens in all other countries, the proof of legal residence, name certificate / birth certificate and marital status certificate must be legalized.
For some countries an Apostille stamp is sufficient legalization.
Read more at www.um.dk or www.HCCH.net
Documents from countries not part of the Apostille Convention requires legalization by:
- Ministry of Justice in home country
- Foreign Ministry in country of origin
- The Danish Embassy in home country
The legalization must happen in that order.
All documents must be translated into Danish or English by a certified translator. Remember to have the translation legalized.
If you got married abroad you are required to legalize you marriage certificate before it can be registered in the Danish CPR register.